May-Aug: 10am-7pm; rest of year: 10am-5pm - closed 1 Jan, 1 May, 1 and 11 Nov, 25 Dec
This replica of an ancient Greek house was built in 1902 on a site reminiscent of the Aegean coast by and for the archaeologist Théodore Reinach. Original pieces stand alongside copies and reproductions of furniture and frescoes. All the windows offer wonderful views of the sea, the Baie des Fourmis, Cap Ferrat, Èze and Cap d'Ail. The Galerie des Antiques built under the villa contains life-size casts of famous Classical Greek statues. The site was bequeathed to the Institut de France in 1928.