This Berlin brewery, built between 1887 and 1891 by Franz Schwechten, was one of the largest in the city until it closed in 1967. This perfectly preserved complex comprises several different workshops decorated with arches and small turrets. Now home to restaurants, concert halls, a cinema, and even a supermarket, the building has lost none of its industrial character. It is also home to a museum dedicated to the ex-GDR: the Alltag in der DDR. Overall, the complex is a great Berlin success story.