The park was created by the Horticultural Society in 1842 and has always been a popular meeting place. The palm house is a crystal palace, built in 1878. The rose gardens contain 6 000 bushes with 2 600 different varieties represented, among them some rare specimens. The two main flowerings take place at the beginning of July and the end of August. Whatever the season, however, this is an enchanting place.