This small port unfolds around a narrow stretch of sea spanned by three bridges. Its former wealth was derived from canning factories, but today its main source of income is tourism. Vrboska is home to the unusual fortified St Mary's church (Sv. Marija) (1575) and the church of St Laurence (Sv. Lovrinac), whose polyptych is attributed to Veronese. The Glavica peninsula, 2km north of the village, has some pleasant shingle beaches.