Apr-Oct: daily except Mon 10am‑6pm, weekends 2pm‑6pm (rest of year: 5pm) - closed Jan and 24-25, 31 Dec
This abbey was founded by Benedictines in 1107 and became Cistercian in 1138. It had its heyday under Abbot Elias van Koksijde, becoming one of Western Europe's major abbeys. The Calvinists destroyed it in 1566. The ruins still suggest the majestic lines of the abbey church. The museum charts the site's history and presents aspects of the monks' daily lives.