This 1929 Byzantine-inspired synagogue is home to the first Jewish congregation established in Los Angeles.Its most distinctive interior space is the Edgar F. Magnin Sanctuary, an octagonal auditorium paneled in rare woods with marble and wood inlays beneath a 125ft mosaic-inlaid domes. A bronze screen encloses the ark with Torah scrolls on the north wall. Depicting 3,000 years of Jewish history, the Warner Memorial Murals by Hugo Ballin form a frieze on the remaining seven walls, and a colorful rose window faces the ark on the south wall. Lining the ground-floor hallways are exhibits on the history of Jews in Los Angeles and exhibits of ceremonial artifacts and Jewish holidays and events. An art gallery offers changing shows of Jewish interest.