Stortorget dates from the 1530s. At its centre is the equestrian statue of Charles X Gustav, who annexed Scåne, Blekinge and Halland to Sweden in 1658. The town hall, built in 1546 in Dutch Renaissance style and remodelled around 1860, fronts the east side of the square. To the north is the Governor's Residence (17C) and the Kockska Huset (1523), a large building with a stepped gable that belonged to the burgomaster and Director of the Mint, Jörgen Kock. To the south, there is a neo-Renaissance-style pharmacy.