The Wendel Miners Museum and the Wendel mine
Parc Explor-Wendel, 57540 Petite-Rosselle Routeplanner
De Groene Gids

Praktische informatie

Open :

9am-6pm - closed Mon, 1 Jan, 1 May, 24-26 and 31 Dec


Former coal mining and processing centre, in operation from 1862 to 1986, the Carreau Wendel was converted into a museum of the Lorraine coalfield, after a rehabilitation project, during which it was entirely redesigned. It is a vast complex made up of a museum, a guided tour of the mine, and the pit head, which groups together all of the surface buildings. A good way to fully grasp the peculiar world of the "gueules noires" (black-faced miners).


  • Route vanaf deze plaats
  • Route naar deze plaats
  • Route via deze plaats
  • Nabijgelegen hotels
  • Nabijgelegen restaurants

Wat te zien of te doenin de omgeving

Waar in de omgevingslapen

Waar in de omgevingeten