This Franciscan church (1314) displays a handsome Romanesque façade, adorned with a delicate porch and octagonal rose window. Notice the outdoor pulpit which enabled the priest to address the crowd on the square. The simple, elegant interior is Gothic in style (lovely lancet arches). Near the main altar is an immense carved wooden polyptych, a masterpiece of Gothic art in Istria (late 15C). The church leads into the monastery's cloisters.